Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Summer Sales- At Phipps


We are now at the end a sale season, which means lots of stores have been picked through, but it is also the best time to save. Most stores are trying to get the last of summer/spring out the door so you can get as much as 80% off at some amazing stores. Here are my top 3- feel free to add to the list (go ahead and post in comments).

1) Saks- All time favorite place to find shoes. I refuse to wear cheap shoes- not only are they bad for your feet, but they are an instant giveaway to a cheap outfit. You can wear a Hanes tee and an old pair of worn-in jeans, but if your shoes are rich and amazing- you will look like a million bucks (same goes for purses). I digress- Saks shoe department is the best place to find a great deal right now. Everything is half off the price marked- I found a great pair of Christian Louboutins for under $200 (yes, I did resist). Their selection is dwindling, so act fast. I saw a few fab pairs of Mui Mui and Jimmy Choo still there.
As for Contemporary- there are still a couple good finds. I did see a few tops that caught my eye. They also have a good selection of Marc by Marc Jacob and Juicy on sale.

2) Barney's Co Op- They still have a decent selection of tops and dresses on sale. I never think anything really goes on an amazing sale there. For the best deals, head to the back of the store. I did see a couple of great tanks that I had been keeping my eye on throughout the season.
Their shoes selection is pretty bare at this point. I also don't think that they are worth the $$- just walk over to Saks for a better selection and friendlier service. I think the sales reps at Co-Op are really hit or miss- I've been helped by a few that were really great, while others are just too cool for school- get over yourself! Its just Co-op!

3) Jeffrey's- I have to admit, I have never shopped their before, but I fell in love with an gorgeous pair of Prada high heal sandals (nude/pink with a 3.5 inch heal). Jeffrey's is having a great sale too- their prices rival Saks, but I think their selection is less-picked through. They are my pick for sale shoes this week. I would check them out- they have some great stuff still in stock in a variety of sizes. The only down- side is that all their sales are final (well, at least on sale items). Saks has a much better return policy. (They are located right by Saks and Intermix)

Enjoy!!! We didn't call this Disposable Income for nothing!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Another reason to shop this weekend!

Laura Folio said...

I totally agree with you about purses giving away the cheapness of an outfit. Not that I don't have some cheap ones, but I think accessories are key. That's why I use my disposable income for chic sunglasses!

Found your blog through Asian Cajuns... good stuff! :-)