Saturday, July 26, 2008

Bone Garden Cantina, take-out


For several months now, C-Dub and I have been in a take-out rut on the weeknights. It usually goes like this:

"So...what do you want to have for dinner?"

"I don't know, what do you want?"

"Wait, I asked you first. What do you want?"

Once we get past that initial back and forth, the suggestions are one of four that we typically go to. (I'm not naming them; I don't need your judgment!)

Then, the other night, it occurred to me: "Why not get Bone Garden take-out for dinner?" We've been there once and that experience was a little lackluster. But, we live on the west side and aren't that far from it. Plus, it would liven up our little take-out rut. So, why not?

Annoyingly, Bone Garden still hasn't updated their website with their menu.


So, we had to rely on memory and this one picture I have of their menu:


We really liked their ceviche the first time around, so we ordered that. We also ordered a couple of their tamales - one chicken, one pork - along with a chicken sope, chicken tacos, and rice & beans.

Ceviche to the left, sope to the right

Sope to-go...pe

Chicken tamale train

I have to say, I really enjoyed Bone Garden's take-out. While you can't order one of their delicious drinks to-go, the food is pretty decent for take-out food. (I'm not quite as picky about my take-out food as I am with the food I order at a restaurant - even if it is from the same place. Does that make sense? Or does it just sound douchey?)

Plus, my dog enjoys it when I eat at home because that means she gets a special treat!

Don't let that chip get away, Katie!

I would definitely add Bone Garden Cantina to my list of regular take-out spots.

Bone Garden Cantina
1425 Ellsworth Industrial Boulevard
Atlanta, GA 30318
404.418.9072
www.bonegardencantina.com

1 comment:

ETK said...

OMG! I want to bring Katie home! Looks yummy (the food though, not Katie). :)