Friday, September 26, 2008

National Pancake Day?

According to Hungry Girl, today is National Pancake Day. Now while I can't find anything online to back this up (IHOP gives away free pancakes on February 12, the day they call National Pancake Day), I'm willing to dedicate two days out of the year to pancakes. I love pancakes a lot.

My favorite places for pancakes? I'm glad you asked! I love the pancakes at Ria's Bluebird and World Peace Cafe. And, while I am not a fan of IHOP's pancakes, I do really like the pancakes at The Original Pancake House. (I guess that is why they are the original.)

The pancakes at Ria's Bluebird...yum!

I normally go for the plain stuff but the cranberries and oranges in
World Peace Cafe's Vegan Cranberry-Orange Pancakes are sooo good!

What are your favorite places for pancakes?

Ria's Bluebird
421 Memorial Drive SE
Atlanta, GA 30312
404.521.3737
www.riasbluebird.com

World Peace Cafe
220 Hammond Drive
Sandy Springs, GA 30328
404.256.2100
www.worldpeacecafeatlanta.com

The Original Pancake House
2321 Cheshire Bridge Road
Atlanta, Georgia 30324
404.633.5677
www.originalpancakehouse.com

3 comments:

MMK said...

Hi1 Pancakes! Yum! While I'm not an IHOPs fan, either, I do like their Fall Pumpkin Pancakes! The kids love IHOPs and Pumpkin Pancakes, so I decided to make my own! Just take your favorite pancake mix and add about 1/2 can of pumpkin (16 oz size) to a batch that makes 10-12 pancakes. Add some pumpkin pie seasoning and a tad less water or milk (whatever the mix calls for). We like our batter thin. Warm syrup and a pat of butter! I can even leave off the syrup and just eat them plain! They have a lot of vitamins and fiber because of the pumpkin - a good way to get your "veggies"!! I am in the Gwinnett County area, so I'll have to try out the pancake restaurants you've listed next time I'm over that way! Thanks for making me hunger for pancakes at lunch time!

Unknown said...

I love the pancakes at Lobby at Atlantic Station. So so good! I also enjoy the pancakes from Java Jive on Ponce in Midtown.

W. Dylan Gilliam said...

Mmmm....Every day should be National Pancake Day!!!! Who do we call and/or write to make that official?