Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Napoleon Perdis for Target- Stay Away!


I am a major fan of Napoleon Perdis's make-up line. One of his best known products (and the one that I think put him on the map) is his pre-foundation primer- his tag line is "Not to Prime is a Crime". I never saw the purpose of primer until I tried his. It did make my skin wonderfully smooth and provided the perfect canvas for my foundation. It isn't something I would use everyday, but it is worth the extra time and effort to apply primer for special occasions/night out/hot date, etc. I also am a major fan of his lip glosses. They are VERY sticky and stay put. If you like the feeling of Mac's Lip Glass, you will love his glosses.

When Target announced that Napoleon Perdis was coming out with a line for their store I was ecstatic. The Target line is called NP Set. All the productions are named after destinations- like Sweden, Venezuela, Russia.... I spent about half an hour staring at the display contemplating what to get. I'm sure everyone that passed by thought I was crazy, but I didn't care. I finally settled on a white eyeliner called Montreal (if you line the inside of your lower eyelid with white, it is a great trick for making your eyes look bright and open) and the primer. Since the regular primer is so awesome, I assumed this one would be just as great. How can you go wrong with Target?

Well my cyber- friends, I was sadly mistaken. Both products were terrible. The eyeliner did not go on smoothly at all; it had a chalky consistency and the primer was a waste of time and money. I was so disappointed that I returned them the very same day. I would also like to point out that the line is NOT cheap. The primer was $29 and the eyeliner was $20! You can get almost any brand eyeliner at Sephora, the mall, etc. for $20. As for the primer- I would recommend spending the extra $10 and get the real Napoleon Perdis primer (it is sold at Sephora as well as my favorite make-up spot, Entebello) .

No comments: