Monday, January 12, 2009

Pizza Fusion pinch hits lunch

Running out for errands during the lunch hour has its perks. Like grabbing lunch from H&F Bread Co.!


There were three sandwich choices - ham, fried turkey, and roasted beets - and everyone in my lunch party (Yenta Girl, Rachel, & I) fancied the beet sandwich. To our great consternation, there was only enough roasted beets to make one sandwich and none of us were too excited by the other choices.

Can I vent for a moment here? I love Holeman & Finch and adore the baked goods that come out of H&F Bread Co. but I'm feeling dismayed by their lunch. Why don't I get those weekly lunch menus I signed up for? What is going on with their website? And out of their veggie sandwich during (what appeared to us, anyway) a slow lunch on a Monday? Lame. Okay, yes, this is sacrilege for me to be saying this about anything related to Holeman & Finch but - come on!

Alright, I'm done venting. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. I feel better already!


Luckily for us, Pizza Fusion is now open right up the block from H&F Bread Co. So, we decided to give it a go.

Pizza Fusion is a national pizza chain in 12 states and their first location for Georgia is the one on Peachtree right up the block from the Aramore. The chain prides itself on its gluten-free offerings (pizza, brownies, and beer), as well as its earth friendly attitude. From their website:

"While you might see Pizza Fusion as a fun place to eat delicious food, we see ourselves as players in the transition to a healthier, cleaner society. It’s this desire to make a difference that lead us to deliver our food in company-owned hybrid cars, purchase renewable energy certificates to offset 100% of our power consumption and build LEED certified restaurants, among many other environmental initiatives."

the bar at Pizza Fusion

All three of us decided to take advantage of their lunch special where $9.99 buys you a personal pizza, a side salad, and a drink. And, possibly due to the small lunch crowd, the pizzas where ready in 15 minutes.

my personal pizza - a veggie with no cheese
yeah, I said no cheese. deal.

I'm happy to report that it was pretty good. It's not going to change your life but there is no denying the fresh ingredients and toppings. Yenta Girl even noted that the pineapple on her pizza was fresh and not from a can. And for those who cannot eat gluten, this pizza will be a refreshing sight. (At least when it's available.)

Pizza Fusion
2233 Peachtree Rd.
Atlanta, GA 30309
404.351.9334
www.pizzafusion.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That pizza looks pretty good, I didn't even notice that there wasn't any cheese on it.

Anonymous said...

Look out. Grabmol's claws come out. Fix it H & F or feel the wrath.

Carla Kaiser said...

I love the food at Pizza Fusion. If it weren't in Midtown I'd eat there every day.